Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reverting to type!!

A week in hostel is worth two at home, these priceless hostel days are starting to get numbered for me, with only two years left(hopefully) until I step out of my 'hallowed' college. There is a sense of freedom here, a sort of serenity amid all the noises and hoopla, and I guess hostels are the only place where you find such juxtapositions. The sickening vacations couldn’t end soon enough, as I felt frustrated by my inactivity at home, crave for returning back to my hostel soon became an obsession. Ecstasy, so aptly is my hostel named that I have never felt more ecstatic at any other place than this. It is the epitome of semi-luxurious entertainment and fun, a place where it’s only you and your friends alone, drenched and sunk in all sorts of alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages; a place where one never sees the sun rising, a place where we all become doctors of some kind who knows all about lungs and livers, a place where cigarette smoke is the staple food, a place where feasts always start with a sniff of the ‘holy’ weed. A nightmare of a place for the good guys, but life in hostel is an experience to savor, you can never have that in any other place in the world; in simple words it is an enlightening experience.

Not every hostel in this big world is the same, and I won’t suggest using my description as a stereotype for hostel life, and it is at your own peril if you choose to do so. The first few days after vacations are the real deal, it’s the time when you try to get used to the pace, try to understand and study your surroundings all over again. New semester meant that I would be shifting from my earlier room and by the grace of the Almighty, I landed in a place which I so badly wanted, a single-seater room. After two long, tedious years of toiling with roommates, I now find myself in new territory, and what better place than a room of my own, however small it may be. And thus starts another phase of my sojourn in Silchar, and this time I hope to have something better to show at the end. Working hard is the keyword here, and we all know very well how antonymous the word is with an engineering student. But still, it’s a new beginning, the time for renewed hope and expectation and hopefully not another false dawn.

Blogger has provided me an awesome platform to pen down my views on subjects and topics I like, it has been a great journey till now, and I just can't get enough of it. As I have been offered the job of EPL blogger at sportzwiki.com, my posts here will be sporadic from now onward. I wish the earth took more time to rotate, because for me now, time is the most important commodity.



No comments: