Saturday, June 8, 2013

Serena's serenade !!

SERENA WILLIAMS : THE QUEEN OF TENNIS
This is my second post in two days, and I am becoming fairly regular here, which I don't know is a good or a bad thing. But still, this is something of my own stuff and not any other website where this post would have gone to an editor, who would then put away some of my lines and then publish it with some odd pictures. And I will get myself started today by congratulating the French Open winner 2013, Serena Williams. What a player ! Hugs and kisses !!

I am presently in the second month of my two month long vacations and having done nothing productive yet, ailments and illnesses played a part here, I finally got myself together and started studying a book of programming, going some way in terms of making my holidays productive. But guess what, I dozed of having barely finished reading the preface part. And there ends another of my programming adventure. Incidentally, I started off with Python a week earlier only to see it end the same way. The troublesome editor definitely made me averse to Python. As much as I learn from various media that programming is utmost necessary for an engineering student, the more I cannot learn it. Never a bookworm, I could've read a bit of the book now instead of jotting down trivial stuffs on my laptop. But as I've done all my life, a little relaxation helps and that is what I am doing, keeping things to get done tomorrow.

The wonderful event of the French Open women's final surely made the evening wonderful, with dad joining me in the fun of watching two ladies, Sharapova and Serena, battling it out. My dad seems to bring a political flavor to all things and he was no different today. As the American and Russian battled it out on court, he mentioned something about the America-Russia Cold War. I was simply baffled by his analogizing of petty things. Still he was a Maria supporter like me, and we both ended up on the losing side. Fair play to both, and a big congratulations to Serena Williams for winning her 16th Grand Slam title. She must have earned a fortune by now.

And all the hype of St Georges Park and England's next generation came to a shuddering halt with the u21 team outplayed and outscored by an unfancied Norway side whose star player, Havard Nordveit, did not even play. England played all their supposed stars, from Wilfried Zaha to Tom Ince, but still got a hammering, a 1-3 defeat. It was good to see an Indian running the show on a football pitch with Norway's Indian origin player Harmeet Singh playing a pivotal role for his side. Hope we Indians can get a few Harmeets across the globe and request them to play for India. Surely we won't be 147th in the world then.

No comments: